Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Poor Mickey and Minnie

I havent had any kind of meat in over two weeks. I feel great, physically and mentally. I feel good that even though I am only one person, I can make a difference. I wish I knew more people that are vegetarians, more people with common interests. I feel alone in my group of friends and family. As my make my journey to stop eating meat I have also become more aware of the cruelty and abuse that happens to animals. I came across a blog entry on one of the blogs I just started reading called VEGANLOVEPLANET.COM There is always informative and interesting information updated almost daily. Today it put a spotlight on PETA'S video regarding mice and feeling pain. MICE FEEL PAIN PEOPLE!!!!!! The video and accompanying article are so sad. It makes me sad that we disregard animals as just that....animals. How are mice or chickens any different for your new puppy or kitten? I look at meat now in a totally different way. I am posting this video but beware its upsetting........


Find out more about mice and rats at peta.org.

2 comments:

mapetiteamy said...

Congratultions on becoming a vegetarian! I've tried, but always cave here and there (although, I eat meat very rarely). I'm impressed.

It's not easy finding like-minded people who become true friends...I know how this can be, but (I think) you just has to keep yourself open to new opportunities and through those opportunities more people will come your way. So, don't be discouraged...just keep working at it :)

ShopGirlXOXO said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate them. I am going to keep on truckin'. lol.