Friday, June 4, 2010

Movie Spotlight

I cherish this film for numerous reasons. A truly great film invokes great emotion and this film has accomplished that for me. From the moment I first watched the trailer over two years ago I knew I had to see it. I was alone in my excitement. Any person that I showed the trailer was dumbfounded at why I was so anxious to see this film. I couldnt believe it but thats just another way that I am different from those around me. The cinematography alone was enough to have me drawn in and I found the story to be an adventure I wanted to be a part of. I eventually convinced my ex to watch it with me. He was miserable throughout. I was like a kid in a candy store. I absolutely loved it. Maybe thats why are no longer together. We were two different people. This film also shows me that. It amazes me how something can bring forth that kind of response. Lee Pace is so great in it. You can feel is pain and desperation to end his life over heartache. I always identify with the jilted and heartbroken lover in movies I guess. The movie is quite long but if you are a fan of great storytelling and beautiful cinematography then I highly recommend you see it for yourself and let me know your thoughts.



No comments: