Thursday, January 6, 2011

It begins.

Im starting two new projects that Im really excited about and I'm searching for some volunteering opportunities.

Project One: Youtube Channel.

Im going to start singing and recording videos. Its the first step to singing in front of an audience. It's a huge step considering it's freaking YouTube but this is where I'm going to start. At least one new song a week I am aiming to upload. Hopefully after a while it will be my own songs as I get better with writing and piano. It's mainly to lose that stage fright and get better.

Project Two: 365. Project 365.

It's photography thing. A lot of people do it. It seems easy but as time goes by you really have to get creative. 365 unique pictures daily is gonna be hard but I need more challenges in my life. This is all part of my quest. I hope I am up for the task. I can't start until I get my new camera, which will be the 8th. I'm so glad that when I purchased my camera in July I also purchased an extended warranty. The camera was a piece of crap. I finally took it back for repairs a couple days before Christmas. Good idea and bad idea. Bad idea: I had no camera during the holiday season so I didn't get to take any pictures. Good idea: It was not fixable so they offered me a replacement and I picked a Nikon this time instead of a Fuji. I also got to keep the warranty because I didn't break it myself, its just a piece of shit. Thats another good perk about it. I also need to pick up my manual camera (uses real film) from my friend. I am going to be taking a lot of pictures this year. Now what am I going to do with the charger and batteries to my old camera?

Volunteering.

This is something that I have been thinking about for a while. I am trying to step outside of my selfishness and try to contribute to the world in some way. I feel so self-involved sometimes. We live in such a ME ME ME society. Im guilty of it and I want to make some changes. There is a shelter for teenagers a block from my house. I dont know why I never thought to volunteer there but it just came to me last night so I went onto their website and they definitely need help. There are a few requirements so I have to do that first so let's just see how this unfolds. Plus it will definitely give me experience for when I become a teacher. Double score.

1 comment:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

This is the second time today I'm hearing about Project 365, I must be really out of the loop. It sounds like such a great idea! But quite the challenge. Good luck!

Kristine. Or Polly.