Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Social Network

I deactivated my Facebook acct and watched "the facebook movie" on the same day. It was a coincidence I guess but I haven't looked back. When I do look back Im kinda disappointed in myself. I was sharing my life with people that I didn't even know. I had over 200 friends but in real life it's more like four or five. I felt like I was being so vain and superficial. The more people ask me why I did it the more I want to stay away. I'm receiving texts from "concerned" friends asking if I'm all right. It's really not that serious people. Maybe it is. One person said that's the way that they stay in touch with people, through Facebook. Wow. Really? I'm not trying to bash anybody or Facebook but I mean at this point in time, it's just not for me. I don't want to be that accessible and easy to find. My blog isnt easy to find at all. It can only be found by luck or by me actually telling you where to look but you are lucky if I tell you. I dont want to be a part of the social network anymore. It's like being a part of the Matrix. It's not real.

On the other hand, I thought the movie was fun. It was pretty freaking awesome. Awards are in that movies future. I really enjoyed the movie, I just dont want to be a part of it.


I dont think I need 500,000,000 friends either.


Social Network Poster Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: